100 New Gower St, # 390
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
Manages a portfolio of clients to retain and grow the relationships. Evaluates client's personal and investment needs and creates an investment policy statement, asset allocation, investment portfolio, and financial plans. Implements client strategies through the management of investment portfolios and the ongoing evaluation of performance according to each client's investment policy statement. Drives new sales results through referrals and personal network. Works collaboratively in the branch and with regional teams to identify and make referrals.
- Supports the achievement of business development, revenue, referral, retention, and compliance targets.
- Manages large and/or complex relationships and asset sizes.
- Applies investment management expertise to communicate and implement investment strategies to client's personal and financial situation.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Oversees the implementation of client strategies, management of investment portfolios and ongoing evaluation of performance.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Manages and continually enhances the client experience through strong relationship management.
- Performs sales and service support activities to meet client needs and maintain overall service levels.
- Identifies new business opportunities and acquires referrals from existing book of business.
- Implements business development strategies to acquire new business.
- Follows through on the risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers' assets, maintain their privacy, act in their best interests, and ensure an effectively run function.
- Protects the Bank's assets and complies with all regulatory, legal, and ethical requirements.
- Identifies and recommends ways to enhance the client experience.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) designation preferred.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation.
- Registered Investment Counsellor (IC) and / or Portfolio Management (PM) in the jurisdiction where operating.
- In-depth / expert experience in discretionary money management for High Net Worth Individuals (HNW).
- In-depth / expert business development experience with successful track record.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Retail