Permanent Reference code
:111382 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
. Are you an experienced tax professional, searching for a new opportunity? Interested in helping companies successfully implement tax technology or enable tax integration in ERP systems? Look no further! What will your typical day look like?
- Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
As an experienced Senior Manager in our Tax Technology Consulting (TTC) practice, you will be responsible for the day-to-day leading projects as well as technology consultation in the delivery of process automation and technology projects to Tax clients. Primary responsibilities include:
• Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams;
• participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
• Leading TTC technology engagement teams
• Managing technology projects involving multiple team members from TTC, other areas within Deloitte Tax, Deloitte Consulting and the client.
• Managing project metrics, status and billing
• Managing and developing team members .
You will work within an engagement team assisting with:
• Identifying business requirements
• Requirements management
• Functional design
• Configuration of SAP for tax and/or tax software
• Process design (including scenario design and flow mapping)
• Defining support procedures and supporting implementations About the team
Deloitte's Tax Technology Consulting professionals provide an integrated approach to process improvement that can help the tax department maximize its strategic value to the organization. Companies that have already implemented or are considering implementing an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system often overlook the tax benefits these systems can provide or underestimate the impact on the tax department. To be most effective from a tax perspective, a successful ERP implementation requires professionals who specialize in tax and can effectively address an organization tax function's unique needs, requirements and obligations. Our TTC team, the largest of its type, offers the necessary combination of skills, methodology and practical experience to help clients avoid the pitfalls of an ERP implementation, ensure tax integration is appropriately handled and where necessary consider additional tax technology or other automation to ensure efficient and effective tax operations. Enough about us, let's talk about you
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- 10+ years experience in tax with a proven track record delivering technology projects
- Experience with indirect tax technology applications (e.g. ONESOURCE, Vertex, Avatax, Sovos) and/or (direct tax technology applications (e.g. Longview, ONESOURCE)
- Hands-on experience configuring indirect tax (GST,HST,PST) in SAP and/or direct tax integration in SAP
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, computer science, information systems or a related area
- Management experience, and strong interpersonal skills and executive presence
- Ability to participate in all aspects of engagement strategic planning initiatives
- Ability to manage a project end-to-end and a project team
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
ERP, Strategic Planning, SAP, Consulting, Computer Science, Technology, Strategy
Management and Executive