Join our team
We work with the best and brightest in the industry, focused on delivering solutions that transform how businesses, people and things connect. We do this using a best in class, customer first approach that integrates solutions, processes and subject matter expertise across all of our portfolios.
We are a leader in the Canadian IoT market, leveraging our deep understanding and expertise in this space to deliver amazing outcomes for our customers, and the communities we live in. Reinforced by the strengths and diversity of our partners and acquisitions, we are on a journey to elevate our leadership in the industry by delivering powerful, integrated connectivity solutions to our customers and Canadians from coast to coast, all on the world's fastest network. Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
You will work within a high performance and entrepreneurial team focused on developing vertical solutions that accelerate the adoption of telematics to improve productivity, safety and compliance as well as reducing costs and environmental impacts.
To help us take our products and services to the next level, we're looking for a passionate and driven Senior Developer Analyst. You'll work within our Development Team and be actively involved in all aspects of the development life cycle, including concept generation, design, implementation, and acceptance. You'll lead technical initiatives within the team as well as coach junior team members on advanced software development techniques and best practices. Here's how
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of the overall software architecture and the technologies used within Qualifications: What you bring:
• Design, implement, and debug features of high complexity with minimal guidance
• Write concise technical documentation effectively communicating the purpose, challenges, approach, and justification of the above features and bug fixes
• Work both individually and as a member of a team to meet the objectives of the above features and bug fixes - often leading a team of junior team members
• Frequently provide guidance, mentoring, and code reviews to junior team members
• Write code that is effective, readable, maintainable, and efficient - meeting established quality standards with minimal code review
• Lead technical meetings and demonstrations both internally and with clients (when necessary)
• 8+ years of relevant software development experience
• Knowledge and interest in computer systems and the latest technologies
• The ability to learn new technologies quickly across a wide variety of technical areas
• An analytical mind
• An aptitude for problem solving
• The ability to communicate technical concepts and ideas to members of the development team, members of the company as a whole, and directly with clients
• Good communication skills - both written and verbal
• A strong attention to detail and a desire to probe further into issues/data
Experience that would be an asset:
• AVL, fleet telematics, or IoT Who is TELUS?
• AWS SaaS deployments
• Vert.x, Guice, GWT, MongoDB, MySQL
• Eclipse, SVN, Git, Jira, Confluence
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.