Are you a senior technical leader who wants to own critical, highly scalable systems, and spur innovation? Can you lead and make technical decisions for highly scalable and available engineering solutions? Are you skilled at leading complex projects that require interacting with both technical as well as business folks?
The Vancouver Tax Software team, part of eCommerce Services at Amazon, owns the product tax classification platform and provides the core services that generate and store tax audit records and manage the extensive set of rule files that are used for tax calculation and invoicing at Amazon. We're at the intersection of software that can never go down and need to move at agile, internet speed. We're at the hub of Amazon's massive, worldwide service-oriented architecture. We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer who is excited about leading a talented team to innovate, tackle complex problems and operate a complex and mission critical system under extreme loads.
We're looking for a technical leader who can own a set of core services, own driving Operational Excellence for those services. This team will own a set of tax services in one of the following areas: 1) the core product tax classification service, 2) the very high end tax audit transactions service on the back end and 3) the generic rules engine, our rule file management system and our workflow-based asset management system.
You'd be expected to be a technical leader, architect who can deliver software and who understands and sets a high bar for all parts of the software development and deployment life cycle including: design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. We're looking for people who are smart and can get things done.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of proven experience in developing scalable production systems
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Experience building frameworks for creating applications on various platforms
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age. Global: Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming