Amazon brings buyers and sellers together. Our retail customers depend on us to give them access to every product at the best possible price. Our sellers depend on us to give them a platform to launch their business into every home and marketplace. Making this happen is the mission of every engineer in Amazon's North America Consumer (NAC) organization.
In order to achieve this mission, we think big and tackle technology problems that are cutting edge. Where technology does not exist, we build it. Where it exists, we modify it to make it work at Amazon scale.
We are looking for leaders and trailblazers who aren't afraid of tackling massive scale, layered complexity, and ambiguous requirements for NAC. We're looking for engineers who are passionate about writing code and who love to build distributed systems that are transactional, scalable, high throughput, fault tolerant and always available. We're looking for engineers who are able to design and develop beautiful front-end UI as well as the massively scalable backend services to support it. We're seeking engineers who are comfortable driving the end to end solution and who can do so in an autonomous and creative manner.
As with every project within Amazon, we work backwards from our customer's needs, address the problems they have and innovate on new technologies. We create exciting new technologies and features by bringing unique experiences and value to our customers and vendors.
We are a tightly knit group that share our experiences and help each other succeed. We love hard problems and like to move fast in a growing team and changing environment. We use data to guide our decisions and we always push the technology and process boundaries of what is feasible on behalf of our customers. The most successful members of our team are obsessed with helping our customers in creative ways, bring clarity to ambiguity through data driven experimentation and have bias for action. If that sounds like an environment you like, we would love to talk to you!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience in software engineering
- 7+ years of experience as a software developer
- 3+ years of experience managing people
- Experience developing and executing a software roadmap
- Experience managing front-end, back-end, and services-oriented software systems
- Experience leading highly-skilled software engineering teams
- Experience building teams and recruiting software engineers
- 5+ years relevant work experience in commercial or web-scale system software development
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities
- Deep hands-on technical expertise; prior experience as a software developer or software development manager preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and delivery incrementally to the right direction
- A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability, and performance
- A passion for people management and mentorship
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming