Amazon eCommerce Foundation's Global Tax team needs a Senior Technical Program Manager who can lead the charge on technically challenging programs and projects. The Tax Engine Artisans (TEA) TEAM has a significantly wider perspective than many TPMs are used to. This is because we are a dependency for a lot of teams and projects across Amazon. For these reasons the TEA TEAM has more visibility than most teams within Amazon on the direction that Amazon is going and opens up significant areas of specialization within the group. You will have direct influence on the overall architecture of the platform. Our team is focused on delivering solutions to Tax Service, Tax Business, Legal and other corporate functions.
The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated leader/manager with superior analytical abilities. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. This candidate should possess verifiable leadership qualities including being proactive, thoughtful, thorough, decisive and flexible. The ideal candidate is not just a policy maker/spokesperson but drives to get the right things done. At the core of this position is delivery. You will have a strong working knowledge of Program Management technologies and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Qualified candidates have experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets; as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection and communicating results throughout the organization.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- 5+ years of technical program management experience
- 8+ years of Program Management experience in large, cross functional projects
- Experience managing large scale development efforts using various tools.
- Experience working across multiple technical teams
- Experience with designing technical solutions
- Experience in communicating with a wide range of partners
- Must be able to work independently with limited general supervision.
- Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery
- Thrive on turning ambiguity into clarity
- A strong desire to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Understanding of Big Data technologies and solutions.
- Background in tax applications
- Experience prioritizing competing demands, scoping large efforts and negotiating timelines are necessary skills.
- A Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or MBA
- Able to mentor junior TPMs
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming Management and Executive