Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a place where invention, thinking big, and redefining the definition of what is possible are woven into the company culture. We are proud to be the place where cloud computing first came to life, proud of being widely recognized as the industry leader, and excited about what's possible in the years to come. We're looking for people who share that same excitement. Come join us and become part of our diverse team of leaders who make cloud computing attainable for anyone, anywhere, be they hobbyists, startups, not-for-profits, or large multi-national organizations.
The next great evolution of cloud computing is serverless. Are you passionate about the cloud? Do you want to help shape the future of how customers build amazing applications with AWS? Are you a technical individual who is looking to shape the future of serverless technologies? If you have the right blend of passion, enthusiasm, customer advocacy, curiosity and creativity, you may just be right to join our Specialist Solution Architecture team, focusing on serverless technologies.
Increasingly, developers are moving to a "cloud native" application development approach. Serverless Computing allows you to build and run applications and services without thinking about infrastructure or server based operations. With serverless computing, your application still runs on servers, but all the server management is done by AWS. At the core of serverless computing is AWS Lambda and API Gateway. AWS Lambda lets you run your code without provisioning or managing servers. With Lambda, you can run code for virtually any type of application or backend service, and it takes care of everything required to run and scale your code with high availability. Amazon API Gateway is a fully managed API service that makes it easy for developers to create, publish, maintain, monitor, and secure APIs at any scale. Additionally, API Gateway provides companies with an easy way to build/integrate their APIs with the AWS Marketplace and start monetizing their processes and data. These powerful capabilities build on the wider serverless ecosystem of tools including Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Cognito, AWS Step Functions, Amazon SQS and SNS, Amazon Kinesis, AWS IoT, Amazon S3, etc.
Key job responsibilities
Design Customer Solutions - Collaborate with Account Managers, Solutions Architects and support
teams to help customers learn and use AWS serverless services.
• Devise Strategy - Work with Account Managers and Solutions Architects to define a strategy for
engaging key accounts.
• Thought Leadership - Provide global thought leadership on the serverless application lifecycle and
how AWS Services can benefit customers. This takes the form of contribution to external publications
such as AWS Blogs, whitepapers and reference architectures, as well as the internal training of
Solutions Architects, Professional Services Consultants and Technical Account Managers.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst both our customers, and our worldwide solution
architect communityBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Hands on experience with Serverless technologies
• 3-5 years of application delivery experience
• A background in application development and devops practices
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
• Experience in working with customers who are deploying cloud solutions
• Strong presentation, sales, and negotiation skills
• Excellent written communication skills
• Excellent business judgement and the demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and
• Technical degree - Computer Science or Math background - is beneficial.
• Excellent verbal skills and the ability to explain technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
• Strong written communication skills.
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.