Over the next several years, education and learning are going to change fundamentally, and Amazon will play a significant part in this change. Amazon is investing in new products for learning and is looking for a Software Engineer to play a leadership role in a critical program. You will lead and drive key architectural decisions, developing, and scaling a new product for education used by developers and consumers.
As a Software Development Engineer (SDE) for Learning Science, you will be responsible for building a technical strategy for the platform and executing on it with the help of other engineers on the team. You will be solving challenging technical problems, often ones not solved before, alongside with peers with remarkable technical expertise. As an SDE, you will be responsible for setting a high bar throughout the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will collaborate closely with other software developers, data engineers, data scientists and learning scientists. You will help build technical talent by coaching and mentoring engineers.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing distributed systems, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. We're working hard, having fun, making history; join usBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience scaling distributed cloud applications for simulation
- Experience developing and supporting a product from ideation to launch
- Proficiency in or equivalent object-oriented languages, coupled with design and service oriented architecture
- Deep problem-solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
- Experience with component development for Financial Simulations, Data and Learning Sciences
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in presenting complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, both verbally and in writing
- Experience mentoring and fostering technical excellence in a team
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming