Ever wondered how AWS (think of S3, EC2, DynamoDB, and more), the Amazon retail web site, Alexa, Prime Video, and hundreds of other services are available 24 hours a day, across the world, yet are continually evolving?
Apollo is the answer!
The Apollo team (part of AWS Builder Tools organization) owns the software and systems that helps Amazon's massive developer team community build the cutting edge services and technology that Amazon is known for. Our systems deliver the technology that powers fully-automated continuous deployment workflows and dynamic scaling for some of the world's largest services. We execute millions of deployments to millions of hosts every day
Apollo make it possible for every developer at Amazon to rapidly change their running applications without ever having to take an outage. Every engineer uses it every day. In Apollo, everything we do goes into production and is instantly used by tens of thousands of other engineers.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience with distributed computing, Linux, Docker, and Java
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming