Amazon Mobile is looking for a Software Development Engineer II to help create the best shopping experience for customers wherever they go on their favorite mobile devices. As a member of the Mobile Shopping Core Team you will build the next generation mobile foundations to power fast, fluid, and interactive experiences within the Amazon Shopping applications for iOS and Android.
Amazon Shopping mobile engineers have a diverse range of skills and talents and we can't wait to harness your passion to make us an even stronger team. We set and raise the bar on the mobile app shopping experience by engineering frameworks, technology, and code that is used by thousands of developers across Amazon. We help Amazon teams discover and explore new ways for customers to complete common shopping tasks quicker, browse more efficiently, and discover new features. We think in terms of frameworks not features; stability, scaling, and performance over using technology to solve discrete problems. We want our customers to go from wanting a product to search, shop and buying it in 30 seconds or less. And the Mobile Shopping Core team is where that all begins.
You are an engineer looking to build and expand on your passion for mobile devices. You want to challenge yourself to solve complex problems at scale that have never been encountered anywhere else. You want to exercise and expand your creative thinking skills and code writing chops to become an even deeper expert in the mobile space. You are passionate about mobile and want to work with an equally passionate and driven team to invent new technologies to disrupt the world of application development on mobile devices. You want to learn from others and help challenge yourself and others to grow. You want to talk directly to your customers and partners to shape the vision for code quality, design and architecture for the mobile app development stack.
We're going to change the way customers shop on mobile applications. Along the way, we're going to face challenging and interesting problems that no one else has seen. We'll leverage our camaraderie and strong culture to break down walls to find solutions that challenge our original assumptions, make the tough decisions, and deliver a final product that's superior to the proposals we started with.
Interested? Have the passion to build - and drive to ship - all of this with us? We're waiting to talk to you. Let's get started!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals - object oriented design, data structures, algorithm - design, complexity analysis, and proficiency with at least one modern object oriented language such as Java, Swift, Kotlin, C# or Objective-C
- Ability to concentrate and get work done while having a lot of fun
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience building complex mobile applications on Android or iOS
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming