Are you interested in building innovative new payment experiences and capabilities at massive scale, with iron clad security and delightful simplicity for millions of customers every day? Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce, securely processing billions of transactions each year
Amazon Payments mission is to build the most trusted, intuitive and accessible payments experience on earth. We are looking for passionate engineers and leaders to build the next evolution of our payment technology stack and experiences. As an SDE in the Payments Experience Technology team in Vancouver, British Columbia you will work closely with technology and business teams, designing and developing software solutions with an emphasis on enabling rapid integration and payment feature expansion to support the next generation of businesses. We are looking for skills in front end technologies, web security mechanisms, large scale distributed systems, Java, Scala and AWS technologies. Payments Domain knowledge is a benefit but not required.
Inclusive Team Culture
To grow and enjoy your career you need scope, complexity and a culture of inclusion and investment in learning. We are purposeful about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We're looking for a new teammates who are enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
We recognize the importance of a good work-life harmony. While most of our engineers work normal business hours, we support flexibility in working hours and WFH arrangements.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Key Job Responsibilities
Design, Implement and Test Customer facing features. Implement innovative security mechanisms to protect customer's PII, addressing core engineering challenges linked with the availability and latency of a Tier-1 Service that supports thousand's of request per second.
Our Payments Group is looking for a motivated individual to join our Payments Experience Technology Team in Vancouver, British Columbia. The selected candidate will act as a SDE, designing and developing software solutions with an emphasis on enabling rapid integration and zero/low cost feature e1xpansion for clients of the payments experience within Amazon. This wide ranging role has exciting opportunities all the way from Front End UI elements to backend high throughput, high availability services and Database components. Experience with Machine Learning or CX design is beneficial.
Key job responsibilities
Design, Implement and Test Customer facing features. Implement innovative security mechanisms to protect customer's PII, addressing core engineering challenges linked with the availability and latency of a Tier-1 Service that supports thousand's of request per second.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience in UI design or User Interaction is beneficial
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming