We are looking for a software development engineer (SDE) for a fast growing engineering team that develops and owns some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world. AWS Identity is a pioneer in identity, access management and security, and providing massively scaled, platform capabilities to all AWS services.
Our team, AWS Single Sign-On (AWS SSO), is AWS's workforce identity solution. Our internal mantra is "Identities should be able to come from anywhere and customers should be able to use those identities to gain access to everything they are authorized to." We provide customers the ability to associate their directory with AWS or use SSO's Native User Pool. Thereafter, the customer can assign access to their AWS Accounts and 3rd Party Business Applications in a central place. In addition, end-users of AWS SSO have a central place where they can view and access all the things they have been assigned access to with the AWS SSO User Portal.
If this excites you, come join us in Vancouver, BC and help continue to write the computing story for the industry.
As an SDE, you will own design, implementation, testing, deployment, and operation of new global systems that are core to all services. You will be expected to play a key role partnering with senior engineers for driving the technology roadmap of the team, designing and delivering architecturally sound, highly scalable and fault tolerant systems that are aligned with our growing business needs. You will mentor junior members of your team. You are someone who relishes the impact your services will have on our customers. We are customer focused and understand the need for learning new things to meet our customers' needs.
If the below resonates with you then you should apply!
- You enjoy designing simple solutions to complex problems that delight our Customers.
- You take pride in tackling hardest technical challenges, excel at working in an agile environment, and get excited about owning critical platform services that serve customers globally.
- You get excited about learning new technologies, experimenting diverse ideas, and learning from those around you.
- You value work-life balance and don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, hence will work with the team to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant.
- You take code reviews seriously. You believe that good code reviews raise code quality, and provide opportunities to share knowledge and grow each other.
- You don't shy away from diving deep into challenging operational issues, resolve the root cause and take the learning back as you design the next iteration.
- You care deeply about your career growth. You have the hunger to continuously learn & develop yourself.
- You enjoy working on a diverse team or with a diverse range of people.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or relevant work experience).
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Fluency with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
- Understanding of web services technologies such as REST, SOAP, etc.
- Flexibility, thinking on your feet, and strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in an agile environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to non-technical leaders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
- Experience developing or integrating federated identity solutions using SAML, OAuth, or OpenID (Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services or similar).
- Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTPS, JSON, XML, and REST.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures.
- Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Software and Programming