Amazon's eCommerce Foundation (eCF) organization is responsible for the core components that drive the Amazon website and customer experience. Serving millions of customer page views and orders per day, eCF builds for scale. As an organization within eCF, the Business Data Technologies (BDT) group is no exception. We process petabytes of data from thousands of data sources at Amazon including the Amazon catalog system, inventory system, customer order system, page views on the website and Alexa systems. We also support Amazon subsidiaries such as IMDB and Audible. We provide interfaces for our internal customers to access and query the data hundreds of thousands of times per day, using Amazon Web Service's (AWS) Redshift, EMR, Glue, LakeFormation and SageMaker. We build scalable solutions that grow with Amazon's business.
BDT is growing, and the data processing landscape is shifting. Our data is consumed by thousands of teams across Amazon including Research Scientists, Machine Learning Specialists, Business Analysts and Data Engineers.
We are developing innovative products including the next-generation of data catalog, data discovery engine, data transformation, machine learning, and more by advancing Ray (an open source framework for running distributed applications) with AWS technologies.
We're looking for top engineers to build them from the ground up.
This is a hands-on position where you will do everything from designing and building extremely scalable components and cutting-edge features to formulating strategy and direction for data at Amazon. You will also mentor junior engineers and work with the most sophisticated customers in the business to help them get the best results. You need to not only be a top software developer with excellent programming skills, have an understanding of data and parallelization, and a stellar record of delivery, but also excel at leadership and customer obsession and have a real passion for massive-scale computing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to widely used open source technologies at the bleeding edge of large-scale distributed computing, data processing, and machine learning.
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of the constantly evolving and growing data field.
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design.
- Delivering systems and features with top-notch quality, on time.
- Staying current on technical knowledge to keep pace with rapidly changing technology, and work with the team in bringing new technologies on board.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Experience in developing large scale Python applications.
- Experience taking a lead role in architecture, designing, and building complex software systems.
- Experience in working with open source frameworks like Apache Beam, Apache Flink, Apache Spark, Apache Iceberg, and Ray.
- Experience in working with AWS technologies like Dynamo DB, Redshift, S3, EC2, SQS, SNS, etc.
- Experience in mentoring Junior Engineers.
- Experience in communicating with customers, technical, business teams and management to collect requirements, describe product features, and technical designs.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
- Master's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Experience with ETL (Extract Transform Load), Data Warehousing systems, and data processing technologies Linux, UNIX, UNIX tools.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming