Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable AWS Financial systems that drive Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation leveraging the scalability and innovation with Amazon's AWS cloud services? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? This is the job for you.
AWS Financial Technology Team is looking for a results-oriented, innovative software development engineer, who can help us create the next generation of distributed, scalable financial systems. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with big data, and enjoys problem solving within highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. We need someone to design and develop services that facilitate global financial transactions worth billions (USD) annually.
Key job responsibilities
- Responsible for technical design and delivery of software components.
- Works closely with our customers and stakeholders to understand their requirements, analyzes various technical options and proposes solutions with proof of concept.
- Translates the proposals into technical design, coordinates development effort with other SDEs, tests and delivers features in production.
- Performs code reviewers for peer engineers and provides constructive feedback.
- Ensures that the solutions proposed are logical, testable, maintainable, and efficient.
- Drives engineering best practices for continuous process improvements in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
A day in the life
A Software Development Engineer (SDE) at Amazon works on real world problems on a global scale, owns their systems end to end and influences the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions of customers around the world. You can expect to design flexible scalable, and complex solutions in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. Coming to Amazon gives you the opportunity to work on a small development team in one of our many rapidly growing organizations.
You will learn all about how to design, implement and test highly scalable solutions using the AWS cloud platform and its many products, working with best in class professionals.
About the team
At AWS Fintech we automate the transformation of financial data into information and information into insights that AWS Finance teams can use to drive action. The automation we provide allows AWS Finance to scale through technology rather than people. For example, when you ask questions, such as how AWS decides pricing for AWS services, how does AWS knows it's revenue, or how does AWS Services know, if they are profitable, It's all through applications that our team creates. We do full stack applications to capture data, integrating with multiple financial systems, and data warehouses and using machine learning to get insights from the dataBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of software development engineering
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design, system integration and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C# .
- Proficiency in client side scripting languages such as java Script, or frameworks Angular, and React JS
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong background or experience in Machine Learning, Big Data, and Data Mining.
- Experience of actionable insights discovery, visualization, and presentation.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Experience mentoring software engineers and influencing best practices within your team.
- Experience in dealing with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Experience with AWS
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming