AWS Elastic Block Store (EBS) is seeking an outstanding SDE to join the team that operates its petabyte scale data platform, Laniakea.
This is an opportunity to be part of a team chartered with helping the EBS organization go faster. Our team's focus has been centered around development of software systems that enable a broad set of internal customers to derive insights using our data platform. We build and operate systems that scales with EBS and EC2 business. Our product enables wide range of business and operational use cases for internal customers and vends highly available, low latency, resource-level insights to external AWS customers.
A day in the life
Sample of the problems that the team is working on include:
- How can we vend critical operational insights for millions of EBS volumes to AWS customers?
- How can we optimize our storage and compute as we ingest, transform and export petabytes of data?
- What data inspection products best help internal customers get business as well as operational insights?
- How can we transform and move data order of magnitude faster, with zero data drop or duplication?
- What governance mechanisms need to be in place for a self-service data platform that serves tens of customers and tens of thousands of workloads?
About the team
We're looking for innovative engineers to help change the dynamics of vending customer-facing insights and shift the balance towards outlier detection, monitoring and troubleshooting; while processing hundred of petabytes of data which includes complex data structures. Our efforts will shift to providing support to EBS SDEs in leveraging our platform and services; while continuing to add critical features and functionality to improve EBS's overall quality and release posture.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Experience building and operating fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Experience working in an agile software development organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming