Are you a talented and inventive Software Development Engineer passionate about developing new AWS services and moving innovation forward to build customer centric solutions? Would you like to develop software applications by playing a key role within AWS Productivity Applications? Come to join us to build a new AWS service from the ground up and make the history.
AWS Productivity Applications teams are building new AWS services for our customers be more productive and increase their efficiency. We leverage technologies like machine learning and robust analytics. We turn the power of AWS to intuitive applications that help millions of customers every day to stay ahead of their changing business needs. Our growing portfolio of business applications leverages the power and scale of AWS services to remove the undifferentiated heavy lifting that business users spend too much time on.
AWS Productivity Applications teams are looking for software engineers who thrive on solving complex problems, relish the challenges of operating complex and mission critical systems under fast paced environment. As part of the team, you play a key role in defining and developing the next generation of applications. You contribute to all parts of software development lifecycle, document critical customer-facing functionalities. You possess great verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven and deliver results in a fast paced environment. You work closely with technical leaders across AWS.
About the team
*Inclusive Team Culture*
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
*Mentorship & Career Growth*
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related technical/scientific field
- Experience in building and operating fault-tolerant, large scale distributed systems
- Professional experience building applications with AWS services such as Fargate/EC2/ECS, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, and API Gateway
- Excellent problem solving skills; deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases
- Have great written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming