Amazon internships are full-time positions, and interns should expect to work Monday-Friday, up to 40 hours per week typically between 8am-5pm. Specific team norms around working hours will be communicated by your manager. Interns should not have conflicts such as classes or other employment during the Amazon work-day.
Applicants should have a minimum of one school term remaining in their studies after their internship concludes. Applicants will be considered for all SDE roles through this application.
Start dates for our internships include the following periods:
1. Winter (Starts January/February)
2. Summer (Starts May/June)
3. Fall (Starts August/September)
Software Development Engineer (SDE) Internships:
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build on behalf of our customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world's most beloved brands - customer obsession is part of our company DNA. Our interns write real software and collaborate with a select group of experienced software development engineers (SDEs) who guide interns on projects that matter to our customers.
As an intern, you will be matched to a manager and a mentor. You will have the opportunity to influence the evolution of Amazon technology and lead mission critical projects early in your career. Your design, code, and raw smarts will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, data mining, automation, optimization, scalability, and security - just to name a few.
In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in activities with other interns throughout your internship. No matter the location of your internship, we give you the tools to own your project and learn in a real-world setting. Many of our technologies overlap, and you would be hard pressed to find a team that is not using Amazon Web Services (AWS), touching the catalogue, or iterating services to better personalize for customers. We make the impossible, possible.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring innovative products and services to market.
• Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment, and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
• Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
• Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
• Ability to design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
• Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software.
Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in Canada including, but not limited to: Vancouver, BC; Toronto, ON, Winnipeg, MN, Victoria, BC, Ottawa, ON, Calgary, AB. Locations are subject to change.
We're on the lookout for the curious, those who think big and want to define the world of tomorrow. At Amazon, you will grow into the high impact, visionary person you know you're ready to be. Every day will be filled with exciting new challenges, developing new skills, and achieving personal growth.
How often can you say that your work changes the world? At Amazon, you'll say it often. Join us and define tomorrow.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Currently enrolled in a Diploma, Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, or majors relating to these fields are considered with an expected graduation date between 10/2023 - 9/2026.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Previous technical internship(s), if applicable.
• Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
• Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization.
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
• Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal at amazonuniversity.jobs. Amazon works with a high volume of applicants so we appreciate your patience as we review applications.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming