Want to transform the way people enjoy music and radio? Come join the team that brought Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, Apple Music, TuneIn, Audible books, Kindle books, Podcasts, and more to Alexa customers. We are innovating and changing the way our customers interact with media services and devices!
Alexa Music team is responsible for the music experience for customers on the go. We define the customer experience for next generation of mobile devices. It is day 1. Join us to become the founding member of a new initiative that involves Alexa, Music, mobile devices, and Internet of Things.
You will own the end to end solution to deliver the best customer experience for music and radio on the go. You will be working closely with business partners, product managers and engineering leaders from partner teams in Speech Recognition, Research Sciences team, and Devices teams.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for building innovative services, applications, frameworks and SDKs. You will work with internal and external partners, take on challenging problems at scale, and given autonomy to deliver.
Key job responsibilities
You will work on services and SDKs that are critical to the Alexa Mobile app and Music Service Providers to help our customers have the best experience with Alexa Music, Podcasts and Video. You will work closely with product management, project management, internal and external partner teams, as well as other Alexa Entertainment teams.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systemsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree.
• 4+ years experience building successful production software systems
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
• Experience designing and developing software services for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Programming experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience with developing, releasing and maintaining a large scale services or applications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming