The Alexa SDK provides third party developers with the ability to integrate Alexa into their applications and/or devices. Come join the team that is enabling Alexa across a multitude of devices.
Alexa is one of Amazon's most innovative services to date, and has changed the way millions of customers use their voice to interact with technology and the world around them. To keep up with the rapid growth in demand, Amazon Digital Products is looking for an exceptional software engineer to expand Alexa's core experiences for third party Alexa devices.
We are looking for a passionate engineer with experience in building innovative solutions for wide variety of applications. This role will be at the core of the Alexa experience across all Amazon and external devices. You will be able to work with a tight-knit, enthusiastic team developing new capabilities while constantly improving the performance, efficiency, reducing footprint of solutions that unlock new device categories and use cases every day.
Being part of a customer obsessed company and working as part of this team, you'll be responsible for the design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products that make it possible to deliver packages to customers in two hours or less all over the world. You will have an opportunity to conceptualize, design, build, test and own software systems. You will influence the technical direction of the team, work with many different technologies.
If you are a software engineer with a creative flare, problem-solving skills, and have the desire to help drive Amazon's next generation of delivery, we want to talk with you.
- Building software that enables integration of Alexa voice and multi-modal services into compelling applications that run on millions of Echo family devices, and Alexa-enabled Devices.
- Driving engineering best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and setting high standards.
- Constant focus on energy efficiency, memory efficiency to deliver consistently better product while reducing customer's cost and energy footprint.
- Optimize software libraries for low latency, CPU and memory footprint
- Taking a long-term view of architecture, proactively fixing deficiencies with constant improvement of end product.
- Define world-class multi-modal experiences with a cross-org team of visual and voice designers
- Make available Alexa's visual design language specification to any and all screen-based devices
- Empower third-party device makers to customize an Alexa experience on their device
- Drive and lead software design, development standards, team processes and code reviews
- Collaborate with UX and Product owners to define the customer experience and product direction
- Deliver high-quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment
- Distill and communicate technical concepts to stakeholders
- Contributing to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and engineering practices
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years in Software Development with at least 3 years developing multi-threaded applications
- Experience developing with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C#
- Solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals with emphasize in object-oriented design
- Solid design and architectural thinking with emphasis on designing for scale.
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience in mobile app development in Android, iOS or both
- Experience in C++. Understanding of performance, memory, I/O, and threading in C++ or C#
- Understanding of issues around fault tolerance and scale-out
- Understanding of asynchronous and distributed systems problems
- Customer obsessed with the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software features, and technical designs
- Experience in utilizing Mobile design patterns, building mobile frameworks/SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming