Are you interested in using Machine Learning and Automation to Scale Amazon Web Services (AWS) Support business.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world-wide leader in cloud computing. We invent and deploy new technologies at an unmatched pace, always on behalf of our customers.
Within AWS lies a key team- AWS Kumo. Kumo is the software engineering organization that provides the technology, software solutions, and intellectual horsepower necessary to provide customers with an unparalleled support experience. We build everything necessary to make sure our customers are operating efficiently and have a world-class experience when they interact with AWS Support. We use Machine Learning and AI to continuously improve the interaction our Customers have with our Support. Our external customers are ALL AWS customers, and our internal customers are support engineers and technical account managers. This position is within the Kumo organization. If you want to have a true impact on the AWS customer experience, Kumo is the organization for you.
We have a need for a Software Development Manager (SDM)who thrives in our dynamic, fast-paced, and fun environment. The SDM will build product that will enable us to automate troubleshooting and resolution for customer's issues.
Key job responsibilities
- Own, oversee, and delegate the design, architecture, development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale global software applications, systems, platforms, services or technologies.
- Define and drive the multi-year vision for technical products.
- Drive project initiatives to deliver robust and scalable solutions toward this vision, incorporating in new technologies as appropriate.
- Work closely with other development managers, engineers, and technical project managers across the company to influence product development to support or enhance our product and services.
- Build relationships with internal and external customers to understand their requirements and demonstrate how products can add value to their business.
- Using Agile project management methodologies, provide project management for all aspects of the software development lifecycle for multiple projects that leverage Object Oriented design (OOD), distributed programming, C++, Perl and/or Java.
- Build, manage, and develop world-class engineers and project managers, including hiring and performance management, and guiding and mentoring engineers and project managers within and outside of the team.
- Ensure high quality design reviews which meet business and architectural goals and drive critical feedback on architecture and design issues.
- Oversee resource allocation to ensure appropriate business and staff development goals are met.
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience presenting technical information to executive audiences, peers, and non-technical stakeholders
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming