Amazon Cognito provides easy to use authentication, authorization, and user management for web and mobile apps. As the customer demand is increasing rapidly, we are poised to grow the team to add new functionality that will delight all our customers from the developer directly using our service APIs, to the IT administrators managing our customers' identity solutions and to the end users logging into the customers' apps. Security is a very important consideration for any application connected to the internet. Amazon Cognito helps customers secure some of the most critical data including credentials of the end users of their mobile or web applications. We need brilliant Managers to work with us on this new initiative and help us tackle new challenges.
As a Software Development Manager, you will build and lead a group of engineers to solve challenging problems related to authorization. You will work with Product Managers to drive your roadmap.
You will work with multiple technical and product teams to balance project prioritization, focusing on delivering a consistent customer experience to all AWS customers.
At Amazon, we hire hands-on managers at all levels. This leader must be able to dive deep into the details on business, operations and engineering. We need technical, detail-focused leaders who can build and grow organizations. You'll need to excel at hiring and developing engineers. You need to be able to grow leaders in your organization and define a charter that grows as your organization grows. Our services operate at large scale and on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. You'll also need to be willing to share big ideas and execute to deliver the next big innovations at rapid pace.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java or C++ including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with developers, product managers, and our customers
- Masters degree in Computer Science equivalent
- Understanding of OIDC, OAuth 2.0 and SAML 2.0 protocols
- Experience with Authentication and Authorization protocols
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming