AWS X-Ray Service enables customers to get distributed tracing data for their applications. X-Ray helps developers and DevOps engineers to analyze the behavior of distributed applications, determine the root cause of the performance bottlenecks or increase in error/fault/throttle rates and take corrective actions. It actively integrates with Open Source technology not only to create an easy on-boarding experience but weave all telemetry types of data together, including trace, metrics and logs. It is at the heart of Application Performance Monitoring, enabling customer to gain insight in the micro-service architecture running on Lambda and Container and detecting anomaly via the machine learning technology. Our mission is to deliver and scale such a service to very large numbers of customers each of whom may be running at extremely large request rates, and perform sophisticated time-series analysis in near real-time.
Energizing and Interesting Technical Problems
We are looking for a software engineering leader to build world class monitoring solutions for containers and Lambda functions. Successful candidates are passionate about monitoring and have experience leading organizations in a related space. To be successful in this role, you will need a good balance of deep technical skills and strong product sense and you will need experience building and leading high performing software teams. You will need excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to represent the team with senior executives. Finally, you will need strong customer relationship skills, including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying customers' feature requests.
Building a High Performing & Inclusive Team Culture
You will be attracting and developing a world-class team that welcomes, celebrates, and leverages a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets to deliver results. Driving results through others is your primary responsibility, and doing so in a way that builds on our inclusive culture is key to our long term success.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We are committed to the growth of every X-Ray team member, and that includes our managers. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture and direction of the entire X-Ray org and deliver site-wide initiatives that will improve the life of all of our teams.
X-Ray org is a growth environment - we're hiring and scaling rapidly to meet the needs of our customers. You'll have the opportunity to grow your scope of influence naturally as we scale. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- BS Computer Science or other technical degree and/or related experience.
- 10+ years of software and operations in a large-scale enterprise environment.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a senior leader.
- Experience leading a team with diverse skill sets including software engineers and front end engineers
- Passion for customer experience and usability, including successful delivery of large scale software projects.
- Experience running and maintaining a large scale, 24x7 service-oriented production environment, preferably across multiple centers.
- Familiar with the challenges surrounding efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex systems
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role - Dive Deep in business and technology, and Think Big.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming