Want to define the next-generation subscriptions engine powering purchasing of digital content and subscriptions? Excited about building highly scalable and flexible transactional systems responsible for managing billions of orders and subscriptions? Ready to rise to the challenge to enable an ever-growing set of businesses across the company to customize their purchase experiences?
If you are a passionate, self-motivated, excellent people manager and an effective delivery manager who loves solving deep technical problems then we are looking for a leader like you!
The Digital Commerce and Subscriptions team is recruiting for a Software Development Manager to lead a key part of our development team focused on building a subscriptions engine to enable businesses across the company to sell digital goods and provide subscriptions. Some of our noteworthy businesses are Prime, Kindle Unlimited, Audible, Applications, Music, Books, Newspapers, and Videos. We are currently developing the next-generation subscriptions engine to bring new features to our partner businesses, reduce latency and simplify onboarding. Come join us to shape the future of digital purchasing and subscriptions!
Key job responsibilities
As a Software Development Manager, you will lead a growing team focused on building a subscriptions engine to solve problems that make it easier to buy subscriptions and digital goods across Amazon and external partners. The team would enable businesses to adopt new sales channels and make those channels seamless and fully-featured for customers. You will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of these services, at the same uphold the bar for OE (operational excellence). You will also be responsible for growing your team via hiring and developing engineers to meet their career goals. Candidates will need to think outside the box to quickly come up with innovative solutions to problems that are unique to Amazon. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing real time scalable systems, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• 8+ years professional experience in software development
• A minimum of 3 years of Software Development Management experience in leading full lifecycle development
• 5+ years of experience with object-oriented design and data structures
• 3+ years of industry experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java or C#PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Well-versed in professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming