Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. The S3 Console is often the first touchpoint for many of our customers, providing the ability to store and retrieve any amount of data from anywhere in the world. Beyond just a frontend for S3 features, the console is a product on its own that drives overall S3 adoption and customer satisfaction. Our console helps customers understand 'what' they have, 'how' their storage is being used, and the 'actions' they can take based on their use cases. Our team is a mix of full stack engineers, frontend engineers, and quality assurance engineers working closely with UX and Product Management to solve challenging problems on behalf of S3 customers. Our customers come from diverse backgrounds spanning different personas, differing levels of experience, different countries, and different expectations on how they would like to interact with AWS S3. As member of the S3 Console, you get to deliver delightful customer experiences for millions of users.
Key job responsibilities
The S3 Console team is looking for a Software Development Manager to lead a team of highly skilled software engineers to deliver our reimagined console experience. You will utilize your experience managing a team of software developers to deliver projects on schedule with the highest industry quality and a high degree of innovation. You must be detail oriented and hands-on with a desire to stay close to the technology. At the same time you must have a strong business acumen and judgment and be deeply customer-centric. You will be leading a team using agile practices and must be able to mentor and motivate the team to deliver results. You will instill best practices for software development, testing, and documentation and implement process improvements for both your own and other teams. You will partner with product management and cross functional teams to build and ship technical solutions for desired user experiences across a broad range of products.
A day in the life
The S3 Console org is a rapidly growing and highly collaborative team. We are responsible for critical work streams for almost every S3 feature launch in addition to our own product, the console experience. You will work closely with your peers in S3 Console (Managers, Sr Engineers, TPM) but independently own specific workflows and personas in the console. You own short and long-term planning for your space and team, aligning work with growth opportunities for your engineers.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 2+ years of experience managing an Agile team of 5+ software engineers
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experience building scalable with service oriented architectures
- Demonstrated experience in Java and/or client-side technologies such as React JS and be familiar with software development under UNIX/Linux
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in full-stack development.
• Experience with with CI/CD in a frontend context. • Experience establishing and leveraging web analytics.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming