The Automated Profitability Management (APM) team, part of the Selling Partners Services (SPS) organization, improves the long term success of Amazon Retail by driving lower costs, and unlocking new product selection. Our team builds software and machine learning (ML) models to optimize contract negotiations between tens of thousands of vendors offering millions of products and Amazon. We directly influence the end-customer experience worldwide by determining the optimal combination of terms under which Amazon should acquire its inventory. We focus on product costs but also cover supply chain (Who pays the initial shipping costs?), marketing (Should a vendor fund advertising?), reverse-logistics (Who pays for damaged products? What about unsold inventory?) and more. Our mission is to provide to our customers the world's largest product assortment at competitive prices, through long term partnership with our vendors. We are looking for Data Engineers to drive the development of new Data Science and ML infrastructure to support the scientists in the development of new ML models. You will work closely with scientists, product managers, and software developers to implement and scale your solutions, leveraging AWS tooling but adding additional layers to support internal needs.
As an SDM in APM, you will manage a team of software engineers and work closely with the science team to deploy and run the ML models in production. You will work with business leaders, scientists, and economists to translate business and functional requirements into concrete engineering deliverables, define the technical vision and translate it into specific plans for the engineering team.
This is a unique, high visibility opportunity for someone who wants to have business impact, dive deep into large-scale economic problems, enable measurable actions on the Consumer economy, and work closely with scientists and economists. This role combines leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus and business understanding.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Established track record of building large-scale distributed systems
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Excellent understanding of the tools of the trade, including proficiency in a modern programming languages (Java, Scala, C#, Python) and open-source technologies
- Strong track record of building and leading world-class software and operations teams, and delivering compelling customer experiences
- Ability to deep dive with an analytical and metrics-driven mindset
- Strong organizational planning and development, business judgment, technical leadership, and communication skills
- MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.
- Experience building large-scale machine-learning systems that support batch, online and streaming architectures
- Experience with Big technologies such as Machine technologies
- Experience managing a blended team of and building experimental solutions
- A passion for innovation and raising the bar in teams, technology and projects
- An analytical mind that thrives in a driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with minimal outside direction, while constantly advancing long term goals.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming