Digital and Emerging Payments (DEP) Org in Consumer Payments is chartered to innovate on behalf of our customers in emerging markets and for digital businesses worldwide in the payments space. We are building a tech team to build innovative payment products for customers in emerging markets and are looking for talented SDEs and SDMs to join our journey.
In this role with DEP, you will build appropriate technical solutions for building & launching new payment products and services using scalable technologies available in Amazon. Where applicable, you will use native AWS services to build these components that can scale up based on business necessities. You will also design appropriate monitors and alarms to detect outages and take part in team on-call to ensure that the product meets the high availability bar customers expect of Amazon. You will work with product managers, Sr. SDEs and Principal engineers in designing, coding and delivering the solutions.
This is a great opportunity to get on the ground floor of a team being setup to step change the customer experience in payments. Don't let it pass by!
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
About the team
We are building new teams to work on exciting problems in the consumer payments space at Amazon. These teams will build innovative payment products aimed at making e-commerce purchasing more affordable for citizens around the world. Needless to say, the teams will work on truly groundbreaking initiatives, at a global scale!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming