Do you want to help individuals and teams succeed? Are you innovative, analytical, and have a relentless desire to make a difference? Do you get excited about building a business in a hyper-growth environment?
We are looking for an HR Business Partner to join our Consumer Vancouver team. The HR Business Partner is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to our Consumer organizations based in Vancouver. This role will be a part of a fun, passionate and dynamic HR and business team and requires strong team collaboration across multiple locations, though primary responsibilities and partnership with Seattle HR tech teams. This role is critical in executing our people initiatives by providing great internal customer support and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. This role will also have an opportunity to contribute to overall Vancouver-wide initiatives focused on site health and employee experience working with the site leader.
Key job responsibilities
Successful candidates will also demonstrate:
• The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company.
• A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
• Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment.
• Coaching and mentoring at all management levels.
• Success in creating and driving effective development, employee relations, retention and reward programs.
• Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
• The ability to think big but also not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves."
• Critical thinking in identifying problems and driving appropriate solutions
• Strong internal and external customer service focus.
• The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, have a bias for action - orientated on results.
• Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization.
• Relentless pursuit to improve and innovate.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skillsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent relevant work experience.
• Candidate should have at least 7 years of experience in progressive HR leadership roles with broad knowledge and experience in human resource management.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's Degree in Human Resources Management or related field is preferred.
• Able to travel, as needed.
• Experience working with a global team.
• Experience assessing leadership talent.
• Broad experience and specific knowledge of human resource theory, including employee relations
• 3-4 years HR experience in a high tech environment preferred.
• Knowledge of Canadian employment legislation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.