Amazon's North America Payment Acceptance team is responsible for how Amazon's customers pay on the Amazon.com and Amazon.ca sites and through Amazon's services. In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day stewardship and performance of the payment experience for Amazon's Canadian customers. You will oversee all Payment Acceptance activities in Canada, owning the long-term vision, determining which payment methods Amazon should accept and where we should invest to improve the customer paying experience across all payment methods we offer in the country, in order to offer a seamless paying experience, minimizing customer friction and increasing coverage.
The position has a strong focus on increasing customer acquisition, reducing cost of payments and improving payment success rate and operational efficiency with our partners. You will be responsible for initiatives related to these activities and the related KPI's.
To achieve your goals, you will work with the biggest players and innovative Fintech companies in the payments industry, to deliver best-in-class customer paying experiences, while driving change in the industry.
Internally, you will work closely with the different Amazon business lines in Canada, aligning the payments strategy to the business needs. You will also leverage Amazon's resources (including marketing, business intelligence, engineering, customer support, business development, among others), to develop and deliver these experiences across the region.
You will sponsor direct customer research and dive deep with business and technical leaders to drive the daily prioritization decisions to deliver the best experience to Amazon customers.
While you will focus on Canada, you will align with the rest of the global Payments Acceptance and Experience team to ensure alignment on partner relationships and global strategies.
As a product leader at Amazon, all innovations start with the customer and work backwards. Strong writing skills are required to convey your product vision through the value delivered to the end customer. Expect to dive deep into customer metrics, competitive benchmarking and payments data to inform your strategy. A successful candidate also has a deep network of contacts within the Payments space in Canada, including banks, card networks, acquirers and processors. You also have a proven track record of delivering results in the payments industry, and comfort and experience representing large businesses with external C-suite executives and regulatory bodies. Role is an individual contributor, with the potential for future direct reports, managing a small team of product managers and account representatives to help you achieve your goals.
Role located in Vancouver.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of relevant work in product management or equivalent experience in the Canadian payments industry.
- Experience securing partnerships with complex, sophisticated counterparts in the payments industry.
- Experience influencing teams across disciplines (including engineers) to deliver products that customers love.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and constantly changing environment.
- Can-do attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dive deep to achieve goals
- Track record of big thinking and delivery of strategic vision.
- Proven analytical skills and quantitative skills with demonstrated ability to manage the business 'by the numbers'. Must be metrics-driven and able to understand complex financial models.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly for C-suite level audience and regulatory bodies.
- Ability to regularly travel, including internationally. Expected travel <25%.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive