Come build the future as a software development engineer at Amazon, where you will be inspired working alongside best-in-class inventors and innovators. You'll create meaningful experiences that deliver on the ever-evolving needs of our customers, and your work will impact millions of people around the world.
At Amazon, we are committed to making your work experience as enjoyable as the experiences as you'll be creating for our customers. That is why Amazon offers flexibility and remote work options to allow for optimal work/life harmony.
As an Amazon software engineer, you will solve unique and complex problems at a rapid pace, utilizing the latest technologies to create solutions that are highly scalable. There are unlimited opportunities at Amazon, where developing your career across a wide range of teams is highly supported.
Ready to get started? Apply once through Best Fit Job Match, and get matched from thousands of open software development roles based on your preferred team, tech stack, domain, language and more. The best part? Best Fit Job Match gives you a choice of open roles based on your preferences. You'll speak to the hiring managers, and then you choose your team! Save hours on your job search and reduce the stress.
We're hiring across the United States. If Seattle is your preference, some of the teams hiring now in Seattle include but aren't limited to:
- Alexa: Have independent technical ownership on new customer features and supporting architecture on a day to day and weekly basis.
- Consumer Technology: Build new generation features and products for amazon.com, constantly improving the customer and seller experience for billions around the globe.
- Operations Technology: Shape the future of transportation planning and execution on a global scale, that impacts hundreds of fulfillment centers, thousands of Amazonians, and millions of customers across the world.
- HR Technology (People Experience & Technology): Create a seamless employment experience for millions of Amazonians and/or candidates on People Experience & Technology.
- Prime Video: Design, implement and operate device-facing services that process and store telemetry and metrics for all of Prime Video.
- Advertising: Invent on behalf of millions of Amazon advertisers using the latest big data and machine learning technologies.
These are just some of the teams now hiring in Seattle. Depending on your preferences and expertise, you will own the front-end, back-end, or full stack design and development of product features, building scale, efficiency, and differentiated customer experiences. We're looking for software engineers passionate about building software solutions end-to-end, have strong software development experience delivering at scale solutions, and systems design skills. You should have a demonstrated ability delivering within a DevOps delivery model from requirements analysis, design, development, test, CI/CD, security implementation, and operational excellence with the ability to work cross-functionally with Product Managers, business stakeholders and other tech teams.
Apply today through Best Fit Job Match and get matched to your ideal role!
Relocation and competitive pay and benefits is offered for this position.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Master's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming