If you want to be a fearless leader in shaping the future of cloud computing and databases, then Amazon Neptune might be a great fit for you.
Amazon Neptune is a fast, scalable, fully-managed graph database service that makes it easy to build and run applications that work with highly connected datasets. The core of Amazon Neptune is a purpose-built, high-performance graph database engine optimized for storing hundreds of billions of relationships and querying with milliseconds latency, allowing you to easily build queries that efficiently navigate highly connected datasets.
Neptune powers graph use cases such as recommendation engines, fraud detection, knowledge graphs, drug discovery, network security, and many more. Amazon Neptune is built for cloud scalability, durability, availability, and performance. Neptune builds on top of foundational AWS services such as EC2, S3 and DynamoDB to deliver a simple and cost effective database solution for customers worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated engineering leader who has no fear of going deep and helping teams to solve the toughest database problems. As an Sr. SDM on Neptune, you will design and deliver new technologies and features that drive Neptune's high availability, reliability and performance guarantees to AWS customers. You will participate in product direction and road-map planning, project execution scheduling, and hiring engineers to develop cutting-edge database services. You will also be the site lead for the Canada team.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor in an emerging space that is shaping the future of the industry. We are looking for candidates who will bring deep technical and leadership skills, combined with a passion for agile code development and running teams with a startup culture within a larger organization.
To learn more about Amazon Neptune visit: https://aws.amazon.com/neptune/BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
* 10+ years of professional experience in software development
* Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
* 10+ years of people management experience, managing engineers & managers
* 10+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
* Experience building scalable distributed systems with service oriented architectures
* Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, e.g. Java, C#, or C++
* MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent in relevant work experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* 10+ years experience leading multiple, interdisciplinary teams, including technical leads, software engineers, devops engineers, database engineers, and project managers
* A deep understanding of software engineering practices, object oriented analysis & design, design patterns and algorithms
* Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience delivering cloud services will be a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming