Overview Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you! Job Skills / Requirements TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The site Shift Lead(s) is responsible for the oversight of the operations of the team, in conjunction with the needs of the site, and will:
- Ensure all site staff adhere to all Paladin Security Policies and Eastern Health Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Regular communication and engagement with Eastern Health site Management.
- Ensure all Security Officers have received the mandatory site orientation, training and required compliance training
- Ensuring superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people. Able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations
- Motivates staff and recommends commendations to their respected Supervisor
- Document and investigate security incidents and complaints, ensure all proper documentation is forwarded in accordance with the chain of command in a timely manner.
- Daily paperwork would include advanced reports are completed, sign in sheets, overtime has been checked and authorized, shift swaps are authorized and documented for approval, incident reports documented and written properly. Check for updated documents from the client to action. Any forms or information left by staff for filing or follow up and any other daily paperwork that must be filed or forwarded such as ticket batching.
- Supervise the security officers assigned to the site and act as a resource for security issues in accordance with the health authority and regulatory requirements. Assist all officers with responsibilities delegated to them.
- Assist with departmental site schedule, ensuring that all shifts are covered and assist with coverage where needed.
- There will also be unscheduled and scheduled meetings to attend and last-minute bookings for sick employees or coverage of shifts if necessary.
- Perform site patrols and responding to all necessary codes and calls.
- Assist with conducting regular fire drills and security education sessions. Maintain records and prepare incident reports and other safety and security incident documentation.
- Perform other duties as requested by the client Eastern Health in conjunction with Paladin management.
Education Requirements (Any) Minimum 2 year experience in security Previous managerial/supervisory experience Previous Security Experience Additional Information / Benefits
Pay Rate: $21.20
Start Date: September 1, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check