STO 24R - Environmental Protection Officer
Scientific/Technical Off R24
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA
Smithers, BC V0J 2N0 CA
Williams Lake, BC V2G 5M1 CA
$69,185.43 - $78,814.47 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Env & Climate Change Strategy
Ministry Branch / Division
Regional Operations Branch / Environmental Protection Division
Job Summary Environmental Protection Officer
Scientific/Technical Off R24
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Apply your environmental protection expertise to this important role
The Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Stra
tegy is responsible for the effective protection, management and conservation of BC's water, land, air and living resources. It leads work on climate preparedness and adaptation and leads plans to meet greenhouse gas reduction targets.The Role:
The Environmental Protection Officer protects the environment by providing professional and technical advice to others on the implementation and administration of the Environmental Management Act to manage industrial, municipal, agricultural, point and non-point source wastes and hazardous materials. LeadsEnvironmental Protection (EP) projects and processes various waste authorizations within the region. Conducts source monitoring to study impacts of toxins and wastes, calculates permit fees and facilitates compliance, continuous improvement and effective management of waste discharges into the environment.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact email@example.com
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE
: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Related Experience Must Include The Following
- A Bachelor of Science Degree (or higher) in Environmental Management, Applied Science or Natural Sciences plus 3 years of related experience.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Experience related to environmental protection and Industrial and municipal waste management, such as:
- Experience with reduction, recycling, treatment and disposal technologies.
- Experience conducting environmental monitoring, assessments and reporting related to waste discharges.
- Experience with environmental planning processes such as Waste Management Planning.
- Experience with hazardous material spill response, special waste and contaminated sites.
- Experience using computer software, including word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (Excel) and database management.
- Experience in working with multiple projects or assignments.
- Experience in negotiation with staff and clients from a diverse background.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the postin
- Preference may be given to professional engineer, geoscientist or agrologist
- Experience with regulatory administration of waste management discharges to the environment.
- Experience in liaison with environmental regulatory agencies.
- Experience with the interpretation and application of the Environmental Management Act.
A Criminal Record Checkwill be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YE
S - As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Scientific and Technical