STO-RE 24R - Natural Resource Officer Area Investigator - Coast Area
Scientific/Tech Off R24 - Res
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
$66,557.72 - $75,884.38 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests
Ministry Branch / Division
Compliance and Enforcement Branch
Job Summary Natural Resource Officer (NRO) Area Investigator - Coast Area
Scientific Technical Officer (Resource) 24
This posting is to establish an eligibility list to fill permanent and/or temporary NRO Area Investigator vacancies for the Compliance and Enforcement Branch (CEB) Coast Area (refer to map below).
To apply for NRO Area Investigator positions in other CEB Areas, refer to Requisition 91987 .
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Influence and engage in natural resource management
Overseeing a land base of 94.8 million hectares, the Ministry of Forests leads and delivers programs which ensure the sustainable management of BC's natural resources. Within this large, diverse and complex structure, the Compliance and Enforcement Branch represents the law enforcement arm of the Ministry. The CEB - a provincial line of sight program - applies over 50 statutes to govern over 1,200 natural resource authorizations, deploys natural resource operations teams to ensure compliance and enforcement of resource management laws, and protects the public's interest in the management of BC's diversity of natural resources.
As a Natural Resource Officer Area Investigator, you will lead and investigate complex investigations of significant legislative offences (criminal and administrative) and ensure compliance with legislation, policies and other standards. If you enjoy working in a dynamic work environment with great staff and exciting challenges, this may be the role for you!
A career with the Ministry of Forests offers an exceptional opportunity to undertake a variety of challenging and rewarding roles, while supporting a healthy work/life balance. Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: Why work for the Ministry of Forests .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Perry.Temoin@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
Information and tips about how to complete your job application, including adding or editing your resume and applying for jobs, are available at the following link: Your Job Application . If you still experience technical difficulties applying for a competition, please send an email to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time
, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia .
With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career. Come, be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please visit What the BC Public Service Offers .NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.JOB REQUIREMENTS:
To be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the following:
- Degree, diploma or certification in a related discipline such as administrative law, investigation and enforcement, resource management, or criminology. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience leading complex investigations that resulted in an Administrative or Judicial Hearing (ie. Report to Crown Council).
- Demonstrated experience gathering and analyzing documents, storing and preserving evidence obtained in a manner acceptable to criminal court proceedings.
- Experience maintaining positive relationships with internal/external partners and other agencies fundamental to your and the program's success.
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver's Licence, or equivalent.
- Will be required to work evening and weekends.
- Must be willing to travel and be deployed around the province.
- A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application; however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes .Questionnaire (Comprehensive): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed in the job profile. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire. Note:
for long or essay style questionnaires, we recommend saving frequently while completing it. You can also copy the questions into another document, complete it offline, then log back in and copy/paste your responses when you are ready to submit your application.IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements.
Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history, including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your job related responsibilities, accountabilities and accomplishments. Ensure your questionnaire responses are complete as your resume may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Compliance and Enforcement, Leadership and Management, Natural Resource Sector, Policy, Research and Economics, Scientific and Technical, Trades and Operational