Co-op/Intern Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Burlington; Calgary; Kitchener; Montreal; Ottawa; St. John's; Toronto; Vancouver Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters. Are you up for the challenge of leading at every level, developing a global network of colleagues, and embracing endless opportunity? Join the Tax and Legal (T&L) Practice at Deloitte. What will your typical day look like?
In your role as a Tax Analyst at Deloitte you will:
- Develop experience in a broad range of fully integrated tax service lines
- Team in an open, creative, dynamic, collaborative environment, where leaders listen and good ideas are welcomed
- Work in a flexible and friendly setting
- Engrain yourself in a culture that fosters excellence - a place for you to learn, to grow, to create, to lead
- Learn on the job, online and in the classroom and from professionals and inspiring leaders
With this said, no two days are the same. Our clients evolve and so do we. About the team
You will be a part of the world's largest professional services network working to provide clients with the confidence to make good decisions in a rapidly changing environment and to create the future of Tax &Legal. Good news for you. Tax & Legal is the most global of all Deloitte businesses and recognized as one of the leaders in our industry by the top reporting and ranking agencies and as one of the best places to work. Our Canadian Tax and Legal Practice includes over 1,300 professionals across the country. The Canadian Tax Practice includes the following service lines: Business Tax, R&D and Government Incentives (Gi3), International Tax, Mergers & Acquisitions, Transfer Pricing, US Corporate Tax, Indirect Tax, Global Employer Services, Immigration Assignment Services and Deloitte Tax Law.
At Deloitte, your career path is flexible. You will support organizations of all sizes and in different industries to help them structure business transactions and perform better. Your initial role will provide you with a variety of experience in many aspects of the Tax practice:
Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Business Tax (Private & Corporate Tax): Our Private Services include entity income tax planning and compliance services, individual tax and wealth planning matters, and family offices. We specialize in assisting small to mid-sized businesses with their expansion and succession plans. Our Corporate Tax offering delivers a comprehensive, practical approach to tax planning that helps multinational businesses meet their worldwide tax and statutory responsibilities while identifying planning opportunities and providing specialized services to achieve cost efficiencies in line with the company's risk profile. Additionally, we assist our audit colleagues with the accounting and auditing of the provision for taxes, the disclosure and accounting of uncertain tax positions and tax exposures.
- International Tax: Provides Consulting and Planning Services, Business structuring and financing in Canada as well as abroad. Assists clients with structuring and financing of their foreign operations. Assists non-resident clients with their legal presence / business structuring in Canada
- Global Investment & innovation incentives (GI3): Our Gi3 team supports clients in deciphering what has become an elaborate system of financial incentives aimed at fueling companies' innovation, hiring, expansion, and sustainability investments. These incentives often cover many geographies and industry sectors and require a mix of financial reporting, cost accounting, regulatory and tax framework interpretation, and technical documentation in order to be successfully accessed. Our team of cross-functional Gi3 experts supports clients in accessing and defending their applications to such programs.
- Global employer services: Global workplace has brought risk sensitivity for both employers and employees. Our Global Employer Services (GES) Team advises small and large organizations with both global and domestic workforces on compliance and consulting matters such as Canadian and foreign personal income taxes, social security obligations, cross border payroll, compensation strategies, relocation policy development, etc. Our GES specialists across Canada are available to ensure tax planning and compliance requirements are met while offering a broad range of cost-effective, value-added tax planning that recognizes each country's unique economic and cultural environment.
In this role, the expected qualifications are:
Our shared values
- Working towards completing a post-secondary degree or diploma and pre-requisites for entry into the CPA Professional Education Program. You also have the intention to pursue a CPA designation.
- Demonstrated leader, who takes initiative, in and out of the work environment by having strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication skills, flexibility, humility, integrity and professionalism
- Experience with MS office suite
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
Apply today! Application deadlines are:
St. John's: May 25, 2022 by 11:59PM EST
Saint John: May 25, 2022 by 11:59PM EST
Halifax: May 25, 2022 by 11:59PM EST
Burlington: May 25, 2022 by 11:59PM EST
Montreal:May 25, 2022 by 11:59PM EST
Toronto:May 25, 2022 by 11:59PM EST
Ottawa: May 23, 2022 at 11:59PM EST
Calgary: May 25, 2022 by 11:59PM EST
Vancouver: May 25, 2022 by 11:59PM EST Please submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF combined file.
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Payroll, Tax, Compliance, Accounting, M&A, Finance, Legal, Management
Management and Executive