is currently seeking a technical Consultant to join our Mobility Systems Advisory Services team. Reporting to the Lead technical consultant, Electrification technologies, the candidate will be supporting advisory services projects with a wide range of transportation and infrastructures clients, including transit agencies, federal - provincial and municipal governments, non-governmental organizations, international investment organizations and others.
The WSP's Mobility Systems Advisory Services team has a strong focus in transportation operational models and technologies to foster adoption of sustainable and integrated mobility around people and goods. Responsibilities:
- Support and deliver work packages around fleet electrification projects across Canada.
- Apply system engineering approaches as part of complex multidisciplinary projects and prepare fully integrated strategic evaluation reports, business cases, feasibility studies, preliminary design, implementation, pilot monitoring and leveraging lessons learned.
- Support the development of the Electrification technologies practice, in collaboration with all sectors and regional stakeholders (Transport Planning, Rail and Transit, Building...) with a particular focus on intelligent transportation systems.
- Between 0 and 3 years of professional work experience working in electrical engineering related services.
- Advanced degree in electrical engineering.
- High interest in transport decarbonization.
- Good communication, analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Committed team player with strong organizational skills.
- Bilingual French/English is an asset.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.