Are you passionate about disrupting the compliance landscape to scale the delivery of audits and examinations?
SAE is seeking an experienced, self-motivated Technical Program Manager (TPM) with strong interpersonal skills to join Security Assurance Engineering team. In this role, you will build bridges between audit stakeholders and engineering teams by leading and managing technical projects to scale audits through automation of the controls, evidence, and workflows. A successful candidate will be technically experienced and will have the ability to dive deep into a variety of complex processes, understand system architectures, and identify and deliver technical solutions to help our internal customers. This candidate will identify, mitigate, and eliminate security and certification gaps through strategic influence, technical leadership, collaboration, and management of change with partners across AWS.
Key job responsibilities
The right candidate will possess strong technical acumen along with deep expertise in leading large projects and programs across multiple teams. You are not hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. You possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills and are comfortable in communicating with senior leadership. You are known for making hard trade-off decisions and have a strong sense of building the right things for customers. You are able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, as well as roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
A day in the life
An experienced Technical Program Manager will work closely with engineering, customers, and partners to define requirements, manage schedules, and lead cross functional teams to deliver a wide variety of strategic products. The TPM will own the communication, coordination, and execution of multiple concurrent programs. They will creatively solve complex and ambiguous problems that span numerous systems and organizations. They will also identify opportunities to scale by defining and overseeing processes that align with the evolving needs of the business. The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded technical background with a history of leading large security and compliance projects from end-to-end.
About the team
Security Assurance Engineering (SAE) team's mission is to build and enhance mechanisms to continuously demonstrate that Amazon Web Services (AWS) meets and exceeds the high security and compliance bar expected by our customers. We achieve this by pro-active engagement of service and control owners to identify, monitor, and drive remediation of risks, enabling AWS to meet various security and compliance requirements. We build tools and services that enable us to scale, create efficiencies for our teams, and transparency for our customers.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or any other related technical field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in project/program management in a technical field
- 3+ years of experience in managing and developing automation tools
- Experience in information security and compliance work in a highly technical environment.
- Experience in organizing projects and delivering quality releases on schedule.
- Experience in generating automated metrics to measure IT security effectiveness and consistency.
- Experience with working in cross-functional teams and delivering through influence versus direct management; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with monitoring security controls supporting a comprehensive compliance program
- Experience in security engineering, system and network security, security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Clear understanding of cloud computing services and deployment architecture
- Relevant certification(s) such as CISSP, CEH, GIAC, etc.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive