Do you enjoy the challenge and ownership that comes from driving complex, cross-functional and cross-organizational projects? Are you equally comfortable digging into business requirements and product planning, as well as drilling into technical architecture and design? If this type of work appeals to you, then maybe you are the right person to drive new features for the Amazon Kindle e-Book store website, Kindle Mobile reading Apps and innovative digital content services to provide the best possible shopping and reading experiences for our customers world wide.
The Kindle Team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented Technical Program Manager who will be responsible for delivering engaging and innovative shopping and reading experiences for Kindle customers. In this role you will be responsible for conceiving, prioritizing, and executing development projects driven by your obsession to provide the best experiences for Kindle readers world wide. As a key leader for Kindle Content Engineering, you will work directly with multiple teams across development, program/product management, finance and tax, and the broader Amazon tech community to build and launch these software solutions and drive associated programs.
This role requires hands-on project management skills, deep technical expertise, and excellent leadership skills. You will be responsible for collecting business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will also be responsible for setting project management standards and expectations and delivering large, cross functional projects.
- Thinking big and working with business stakeholders and technology leadership to define strategy and requirements.
- Delivering results by leading cross functional development teams from design to roll out.
- Earning trust through regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control.
- Owning all metrics around initiative goals you will define. We make decisions based on data.
- Being resourceful and creative to overcome obstacles and turn challenges into opportunities.
Key job responsibilities
o Delivering results by working closely with cross functional development teams from inception to roll out.
o Earning trust through regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control.
o Thinking big and working with business stakeholders and technology leadership to define execution strategy and mechanism for successful delivery of programs.
o Diving deep on the technology challenges and provide troubleshooting and optimal solutions partnering with engineering teams.
o Defining metrics on the initiatives and make data driven decisions.
o Being resourceful and creative to overcome obstacles and turn challenges into opportunities.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in internet-related program and/or technical product management in a software applications environment
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or experience in a related technical discipline
- Strong user empathy and customer focus
- Experience managing efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
- Experience with agile methodologies
- 5+ years experience as a developer
- The ideal candidate is creative with superior analytical abilities across business and technology.
- Strong organizational skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams in multiple time zones
- Experience in creating and managing complex, cross-team project plans; prior success in driving execution of large-scale project plans with multiple teams in multiple time zones in support of business goals.
- Previous experience querying and analyzing data using SQL based tools and Excel is strongly desired.
- Ability to drive tough decision making, balancing business goals, technical implications, and time to market
- Experience launching SW programs on new devices
- Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive