At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Rogers TV is looking for a part-time Producer to join their broadcast team in Garner, NL.
The part-time Producer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Work with, support and provide training to volunteers, community members and talent to produce high-quality television programs with content that is timely, local and geared to the communities served.
- Coordinate the set-up of production equipment as required and ensure live and taped coverage of applicable programming as needed.
- Manage content so that all programs meet the company's standards and that content is appropriate.
- Produce and deliver completed content (programs, traffic items, live broadcasts) to master control automation through file transfer or direct ingest with correct file names and formatting to ensure successful play out.
- As assigned, liaise in timely manner with staff and community producers regarding changes and modifications to programming schedule as required. Track exports and ensure all content is properly transferred and loaded and ready for play out through automation.
- Establish, orient, train, manage and retain volunteer production teams including talent, organize pre- and post-production meetings and provide feedback after the programs are produced.
- Proactively seek to fill the content of programs as required. Act as a contact person for the community who want to be involved in the programs.
- Create and produce all necessary production aspects including but not limited to creative development of promotions, station IDs, bumpers, openings, graphics, sponsorship messages and other on-air content.
- Supply approved social networks and accounts with relevant content in accordance with the guidelines established. Provide support and content to Rogers tv web site and digital platforms, etc.
- Write episodic descriptions and other meta-data and input into scheduling software for the website, the interactive program guide and other platforms as required.
- Follow the company's and the department's policies, including those involving health and safety.
- Foster and establish positive working relationships that support the volunteers, peers, other departments, media partners, community leaders, community organizations and elected officials, etc. Provide ongoing solution based support as required.
- Perform all aspects of TV production including ENG/EFP tasks, driving production vehicles, control room and studio functions, editing and delivery of content to various platforms including web based, linear automation, etc.
- Produce reports and track and report on progress and success as needed.
- Remain proficient on the department's production, play out and support equipment.
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to all applicable health and safety regulations, both legislatively mandated and as outlined in company policy.
- Perform all required administrative duties including fault reports, monthly reports, time and attendance, expenses, etc.
- Complete all other related duties, as assigned by the Station Manager or their designate.
Part time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
141 Airport Blvd. PO Box 480 (229), Gander, NL Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Broadcasting & Programming Requisition ID:
164080 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]