Location: BC / Ontario
Employment Type: Full Time
The VP of Remediation will manage the operations, staff development, client management, and profit and loss associated with developing, maintaining, and expanding business operations. In this role you will also be the principal contact for specific clients and projects requiring high risk management and technical oversight. Success will be based on established revenue goals and key performance indicators (KPIs) related to safety, compliance, profit, expense, retention, and utilization
Key Functions & Duties:
- Engage with remediation owners and other partners to understand regulatory findings, the underlying root causes and how the remediation actions are being addressed
- Analyzes projects to determine scope and schedule requirements to effectively bring project within budget and on schedule
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Managing a team that will lead the bid review process, including responding to RFP, RFQ, evaluating bids and assessing risks
- Specialized knowledge of control frameworks supporting trading, compliance, etc.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Assist in establishing, setting, and attaining goals for the Environmental Division to develop new ideas, systems and processes to improve the performance of the project and team
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Ensures the efficient utilization of manpower, supplies, utilities, and equipment in a cost-effective manner while providing quality service
- Managed customer expectations by establishing / upholding standard processes, creating system efficiencies, facilitating the knowledge transfer process
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- A Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering (preferred), Applied Science or Environmental Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with advance environmental engineering assessment, remediation, and due diligence experience in an environmental setting
- Proficient in organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with strong leadership, management, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to excel under pressure and to meet budget and project deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills to include Excel and Word
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) and to represent York1 in a professional, competent and courteous manner
Why work with York1?
Our employees play an important role in helping us achieve our mission of providing exceptional service and innovative solutions through our infrastructure and environmental services to some of the largest commercial and residential projects across the GTA and Southern Ontario. They are foundation to our success and represent our greatest strength. We focus on investing in our employees through career development programs, training and internal opportunities and advancement. Right here and right now, we are building a culture of success that you can be apart of!
We would like to thank everyone who applies, however only those applicants who are most qualified will be contacted.
Please send your word or pdf version of your resume to - Careers@york1.com
Construction, Mining and Trades